New players must select from the available customization options. Each choice impacts the next.
Classes on The Rhine are limited to the following base classes.
The Roman Empire reaches vast distances and exchanges culture with many different peoples.
- Anatolian | +2 Discipline | archery bonus
- Celtic | Riastharthae
- Egyptian | +4 Lore | +2 Spellcraft
- Germanic | Back Detection | blacksmithing bonus
- Greek | +4 Lore
- Iberian | +4 Ride
- Judean | +4 Heal | +4 Lore
- Latin | +2 Discipline | leatherworking bonus
- Macedonian | +2 Lore | +4 Spellcraft
- Nubian | +2 Discipline | archery bonus
- Persian | +4 Ride
- Phoenician | +2 Lore | +2 Appraise
- Syrian | +2 Lore | +4 Spellcraft
- Thracian | +2 Discipline | +2 Lore
The Roman Empire has strictly defined roles in society.
Individuals in the Roman Empire may have special birthrights as a result of their lineage, some of which include sizable inheritances.
- Senatorial Rank
- Senatorial Family
- Equestrian Rank
- Equestrian Family
- Impoverished Patrician
- Military Family
- No Birthright
Individuals in the Roman Empire always adhere to their place in society as defined by their Social Status and Birthright.
- Military Tribune
- Philosopher Mage
- Priest of the Mysteries
- Priest of the State Religion
- Roman Auxiliary
- Roman Legionary
- Roman Politician
- Roman Witch
- Street Fighter
- No Kit
Many religions compete for the worship and tribute offered by those of faith.
- Celtic Pantheon
- Germanic Paganism
- Mystery Cults
- State Religion
Characters select three areas of proficiency at level one and receive one additional area of proficiency every three levels thereafter.
- Decipher Script
- Siege Engineering
- Wood Gathering
Characters select from four different age categories which modify physical and mental attributes.
- No Modifications, young
- -1 physical +1 mental, middle-age
- -2 physical +2 mental, old
- -3 physical +3 mental, venerable