Feature Type: Side quest
Effect: When performing a professional task in the service of an employer, a character rolls 1d20 plus the relevant attribute modifier for the task. If a character is unsuccessful on their roll, they must make a save or suffer an adverse effect of some kind. If the character is successful, they will earn experience points and they can return to their employer for payment.
- Characters can only participate in a profession with the appropriate proficiency
- Characters can retry after 12 seconds if they fail their roll
- If a character is fatigued while attempting to perform work, they will receive a -2 penalty to rolls
- Some professions are modified by ethnicity, gender, or skill
- Adverse effects typically include fatigue, some professions can lead to physical harm